rubimods: (Default)
rubilykskoye mods ([personal profile] rubimods) wrote2025-10-03 11:42 pm
18

ZLATKA'S INBOX


The Duchess Zlatka
Zlatka's inbox is currently OPEN

CODE BY


GUIDELINES

  • Each character may contact Zlatka once per Minstrel round.

  • No plot coin is required to begin a network thread, though you may spend a plot coin on a log thread or a thread longer than 5 NPC comments.

  • Threads with Zlatka in this inbox can be used for both standard AC and bonus AC.

  • Please only begin new threads with Zlatka when her inbox is OPEN. When her inbox is CLOSED, she is not accepting new threads and may be delayed on responding to ongoing threads.
    • The inbox will always be closed from the 25th of the month through the 1st of the following month.

    • Otherwise, the inbox will open/close dependent on mod bandwidth. We won't be making announcements when the status changes, but you can track THIS COMMENT for notifications.

  • Most of our STANDARD NPC INTERACTION RULES apply:
    • Threads will continue until they reach 5 NPC comments.

    • Threads should not focus on small talk.

    • OOC summary-style threads are welcome.
audentis: (Default)

voice;

[personal profile] audentis 2025-10-21 02:59 am (UTC)(link)
Your Grace,

If you had a moment, I wanted to thank you for your efforts this month to strengthen the cursemarks, as well as your willingness to grant us an audience to speak with you in this way. It is clear how much you care for all of those in your charge.

[ She's calling them all Rubeans now, after all. All of them, hers. ]

I also wanted to offer my own assistance in our struggles against our enemy. I imagine that when you are fully recovered, you will want to retake the castle. Candidly, the Rubeans were ill-prepared during the last attack. Although many fought valiantly and displayed great bravery in the face of such death and chaos, it is no secret that a populace that can defend itself is better equipped for a siege than one that cannot.

So, to that end, I wanted to seek your leave to provide some basic combat lessons to anyone interested. Additionally, my page, Henry, is an excellent blacksmith. With the proper materials, he could help create weapons for those who might be in need.

I understand the balance of it is difficult. Training and arming a peasant population, no matter how well-intentioned, can always carry risk. Moreover, I recognize that there are certain tensions among the community. Nevertheless, I am certain of the Rubeans' loyalty to you. You are their Goddess and they adore you. I suspect a good number will want to learn how to come to your defense.
audentis: (hans 86)

[personal profile] audentis 2025-12-20 06:31 pm (UTC)(link)
[ Well....at least there's a smile in her voice and not contempt at the time, that's something. ]

I am glad we see it the same way. I seek only your blessing, and any training weapons or material you may have to spare. As I mentioned, Henry is capable of making them, but it would certainly speed up the process.

In the meantime, I hope that your recovery is going quickly.

[ Since, after all, any attempt at reclaiming anything will need her to be well. ]
damnedest: (lestat-00236)

[personal profile] damnedest 2025-10-22 12:24 am (UTC)(link)
Zlatka.

[ A little sing-song, like he is trying to summon her into his mind. He has a question. But first, ]

Have you been listening to the noise?
damnedest: (lestat-00225)

[personal profile] damnedest 2025-10-23 11:04 pm (UTC)(link)
[ Lestat does not wait to reply, himself, though he thinks about it. ]

Voices from the Void. Disciples of your enemy.

They've made quite a stir, you know.
damnedest: (lestat-00013)

[personal profile] damnedest 2025-10-24 01:11 am (UTC)(link)
[ Hm. Unexpected. A little hesitation as he shifts gears; ]

They're not exactly selling themselves well, even if we did trust them. I do not, [ of course, ] but they have said curious things.

The implication we are shadows of ourselves. A collection of memories in a handsome trench coat. Is this what you believe of us as well?
damnedest: (lestat-00233)

[personal profile] damnedest 2025-10-24 01:51 am (UTC)(link)
No.

[ Easy. ]

They are attempting to tempt us towards death, which is also expected of such creatures. But not only death. An assimilation, I think, an enmeshment within a dream beyond the living body. And I like my body.

Still, if I were a shadow, I would only know being one.